Health and Safety
Safety is central to everything in the business and remains the number one priority for the Board and management. Health and safety performance is also reflected in management remuneration.
Ferrexpo strives to be a leader in health and safety within the FSU and develops its systems so they are in line with international best practice. The Group aims to develop a culture of safe production that is recognised as both safe and cost efficient.
- The prevention of injuries to employees is the highest priority of the Board and management.
- Within the operating assets, accountability for health and safety performance lies with senior line management.
- All operating assets are required to develop and implement health and safety management systems in line with Group policy, including performance management metrics for the elimination of risk and workplace injuries.
- Performance metrics will reflect the Group’s commitment to achieve the highest standards of health and safety performance.
- Senior line management is responsible for ensuring that adequate resources are committed to health and safety. They have an obligation to secure their resources through the Group’s planning and budgeting processes.
- Health and safety training is provided to all employees and contractors
- Specific focus areas are behavioural safety at all levels, fatal risk elimination and reduction in exposure to occupational health risks.
- All employees are personally responsible for their own safety and that of their colleagues.